Saturday, October 16, 2010

Do We Ever Heal?

I do believe we heal from our mom's death.  Even though in our darkest hour when we feel hopeless and lost and like it's never going to happen, I still believe somewhere deep down inside that we heal.  I know it's possible, I healed once and for years I was pain-free.  It came back but I know it will go away again, I know that feeling sad and lost will go away.  We'll always have the scar of the loss of our moms, but just like all scars it will fade.  We'll never forget how we got that scar, we'll never forget our moms but we'll learn to live with the scar, even see it as a show of the strength we have within ourselves.  We'll always miss our moms, who wouldn't, but we'll learn to smile when we think of her rather than holding back tears.  We'll change the way we talk about her, we'll sound happy for the times we had with her rather than sad for the time we've lost.  We'll heal, we'll just have a scar.  If you feel like you're fighting a losing battle, you're not.  There's happiness out there, it just takes time to get there.  We'll heal, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment